Nov 20 2017
We are rapidly approaching the end of 2017 and apart from being in complete panic as to how quickly time is flying, we are in a time of reflection and looking forward into what the new year holds.
At Think BOLD, we always go back to our vision, our reason why we exist and work through our new years goals from there. While my own New Years Resolutions come and go (especially when it involves any kind of diet or exercise regime), I am a firm believer that setting a vision or goals at the start of the year is HUGELY beneficial. The start of the new year is a great time to reignite that passion for your business, to start a fresh and forget any mistakes that were made in the past.
We believe that having your goals clearly written down makes a big difference, especially if you are looking at them often. It keeps you and your team accountable and helps you to visualise reaching that ‘end goal’.
- Your vision should be at the heart of everything you do. Start by writing down what the heart and soul of your business is. I heard recently that your vision should stir passion. What are you most passionate about for your business? This heavily comes into line with your brand values. What is most important to your brand and what makes you stand out? For us at Think BOLD, our heart is to see growth and development within our community.
- Who are you targeting? I like to put this in here as I think it’s SO important to always know who your audience is and make sure what you’re doing and where you’re going in business is relevant to your target market. For us, our community is hugely important and we want to make sure they are at the centre of everything we do.
- Next up, how do you want your customers or your community to feel? Take time to list some of the ways you want them to feel after an experience with your brand. If you own a fashion label, do you want them to feel confident, comfortable, or both? We want our community to feel valued, equipped and resourced to name but a few! Knowing these will help to set your goals for the year.
- Once you have the above laid out, you can set your goals for the year. For example, at Think BOLD we want our community to feel equipped and resourced so one of our goals is to create more resources to help you with everything you need to build a business. TIP: Start with the really big goals and work your way backwards, breaking them down to monthly and weekly goals. Look at financial targets, customer database goals, team goals and personal goals etc etc.
- Finally, once you have your goals in place, you can input a strategy to get there. Another example here at Think BOLD is to partner with our mentors and other experts to bring you the best quality resources.
When you have completed this, stick it up somewhere in the office, send it to all of your employees and I promise you, you will find it so much easier reaching those long term goals.
Nov 15 2017
Emma Stewart, Co Founder of Think BOLD, was recently interviewed by the team at Circle In on juggling business and motherhood.
On managing your career through parental leave…
“While you may not be able to do the same amount of work pre baby, listening to podcasts, reading books and articles in your area of expertise really helps to stay on top of things so that your head is still in the game and you’re learning at the same time…”
On how motherhood has changed her…
“Family is everything to me and although I love business, they will always come first. My husband and I are both in business but we are so passionate about being around for them, especially in the early years, which is why we do what we do. We want the freedom to be able to pick them up from school, be around for sports days and ballet recitals etc. I am really passionate about my husband being as present for them as much as I am. So many dads miss out on a huge chunk of their kids lives so if I have to work a little harder for him to be able to be around more, I will, every time.”
Read the full interview here: Circle In